OUTREACH #1: direct communication
With everything going on in our lives and with how active people are on social media, it's easy for the MES posts to get lost in the sauce. It becomes an expectation for YOU to check the MES socials to discover and be reminded about new events, conferences, and open applications.
I believe it's a fair assumption that, unless your post notifications are turned on (and even then), it's hard to keep up with the posts. For this reason, I want to implement a more direct form of contact and announcement. As VPC, I plan to implement a communication system via email which will be treated as a social media responsibility. On a subscription basis, the same information being posted on the MES socials will be sent directly to your email of choice so you can receive up-to-date emails on the topics you're interested in.
The structure of the email system would be very open to input, and as a basis the updates would be sorted into the following categories:
1. A general, weekly email with a summary of all MES updates for the week prior
2. New Conferences & Competitions
3. New Events being run by an MES Committee or affiliated student organization
4. Open applications for positions on the MES, MES Committees, or affiliated student clubs/organizations
5. MES Help sessions and Updates regarding Academic Resources
6. Publication updates: Handbook, Frequency, Plumbline